Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cheerleader thrown out for secret blogging



Durban: An Indian Premier League cheerleader's secret blogging has led to her ouster from the tournament after her identity was revealed.
Gabriella Pasqualotto (22) from Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, was blogging about the fun behind the scenes in the IPL. She was among the 40 local cheerleaders who were sent to India for the cash rich Twenty20 cricket league.
Part of the Mumbai Indians' troupe, Gabriella was living the glitzy party life until her web presence cost her dear.
When she began the tour, she began to tweet comments about her experience. She was then approached by a website that asked her to blog for them.But her colourful dream soon started to fade as after only two of her published blog posts, there started to grow concerns in the Mumbai camp about invasion of players' privacy.
In one of her her blog posts, which she was forced to remove, she wrote: "…these cricketers are the most loose and mischievious I have come across. I have a long while still here, so I must remember my tip list: beware of the cricketers!”
Miffed at being sent back home, she told The Witness, "On Tuesday last week, I was sent home as if I was a criminal. I was treated as if I had taken drugs or done something awful, and I was never offered an opportunity to give my side of the story."Gabriella, however, has found support from fellow tweeters who believe it was a mockery of justice and the cricketers should have been the one at the receiving end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment