Monday, May 23, 2011

, ,

Ambati Rayudu - the New Hero


Ambati Rayudu's last-ball six gave Mumbai Indians a five wicket victory over the Kolkata Knight Riders in a tense finish at the Eden Gardens on Sunday.
Earlier, Jacques Kallis stood tall with a brilliant half-century as KKR overcame early hiccups to post a challenging 175 runs for seven wickets.
"I was hitting the ball quite well. I am very thankful to all the support staff and all the senior players in the side for guiding me along," Tiwary said when asked about his good batting form.
Tiwary, with 355 runs, is so far the second highest scorer for the Kolkata Knight Riders after Kallis (417) in the ongoing tournament.
Asked about his run out, he said: "It was my mistake, I couldn't make it to the crease on time and Bhajji really did well. It was all my fault."
Tiwary got out when he set out for a non-existent run after playing Kieron pollard to short third man and was short of returning to his crease when Harbhajan Singh's throw his the stumps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment